Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fundamentalist, Orthodox, Emerging?

....or none of the above.








So many labels...but none really fit. How do I describe myself? Hmmmm. I am a Christian. But more than that it's hard to say. I'm not a fundamentalist - I mean I don't wear dresses only, shun alcohol or run in fear of rock and roll music.

I'm not orthodox - after all I not only do laundry on days other than Monday, but I don't sort my whites and darks.

Emerging... from where, and to what? I guess if I don't know, I must not be. Right?



All I know is this:

Jesus, son of God most High, died for me, rescued me from the black dungeon of my sin
My life is His, for in whose hands can I trust it more than in my Creator's
I must daily walk in His footsteps or I may lose my way
He loves me, He LOVES me, He loves .... ME!
Why, I don't know, but it is all I need
and I shall cling to it always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi K,

Nice blog! Great content and pretty, too =o).

Reading through your blog I thought you might like to come visit me at www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com.

I'm adding you to my sidebar, by the way. Looking forward to seeing what else you have to say!

Blessings,

Wendy @ JGIG

Kate said...

Thanks, Wendy!

I'm coming to check out your site.

K